|Company:||Capercaillie Care Ltd||Ref:||CCC-RC-RP-018|
|Position:||Care Worker||Reporting to:||Area Manager|
To provide high-quality, person-centred Service User care in accordance with Capercaillie Care Policies and Procedures as detailed on the Company Quality Management System (QMS) and regulatory requirements whilst promoting Service User privacy, dignity, and independence at all times. To promote and safeguard the welfare of Service Users and staff in line with the Adult, Support and Protection (Scotland) Act, 2007. To report directly to and provide support to the area manager.
Objectives, Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide high quality person-centred care to individuals in their own home whilst adhering to the SSSC Codes of Practice and the Health and Social Care Standards.
- To assist the Service User with the following activities whilst promoting the Service User’s independence, privacy and dignity at all times – this can include but is not limited to:
- Personal Care, e.g., showering, dressing, shaving, applying creams, continence support
- Medication management, e.g., prompting, administering, ordering, returning
- Domestic Duties, e.g., helping with dishes, meal support, shopping, light household duties
- Social visits, e.g., supporting to attend local activities
- Palliative / End of Life Care,
- Any other task indicated in the Service User’s personal care plan.
- To work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and public holidays.
- To be willing to work in other geographical areas in line with the Company’s requirements.
- To attend induction, mandatory and other training organised by Capercaillie Care upon request. Mandatory training is as follows:
|COVID-19 Training||Health and Safety Level 3|
|Moving & Handling||Duty of Candour|
|Safeguarding Scotland and ASP||Communication and Handling Information|
|Scotland Induction||Infection Control|
|Medication Level 3||Continence Care|
|Food Hygiene||Skin and Tissue Viability|
- To achieve a minimum of SVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
Internal Reporting, Compliance with Policies and Procedures
- To comply with all Company policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions at all times.
- To ensure all visits are logged in and out of via the use of the CM Mobile app.
- To maintain accurate and factual written records during visits in all Service User homes and to report back promptly any concerns regarding the care and / or Service User to Capercaillie Care office staff.
- To maintain communications with the office regarding the care being provided to Service Users.
- To maintain the high standards of care expected by Capercaillie Care and the care sector.
- Ensure rigorous application of PPE, COVID Testing and Infection Control in line with the Company Infection Control Policy.
Compliance with External Parties
- To be willing to achieve a minimum of SVQ Level 2 or equivalent to ensure compliance with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
- Where appropriate, and under guidance from Capercaillie Care office staff or Care Managers, liaise with relatives, GP’s, HSCPs and other healthcare professionals.
- Care Inspectorate and SSSC.