|Company:||Capercaillie Care Ltd||Ref:||CCC-RC-RP-024|
|Position:||Deputy Regional Manager||Reporting to:||Regional Manager|
To hold the required registration for the local Company Branch with Care Inspectorate. Manage the operational team to ensure provision of high-quality, person-centred Service User care in accordance with Capercaillie Care Policies and Procedures as detailed on the Company Quality Management System (QMS) and regulatory requirements whilst promoting Service User privacy, dignity, and independence at all times. To promote and safeguard the welfare of Service Users and staff in line with the Adult, Support and Protection (Scotland) Act, 2007. To work in partnership with the Local Authority and other external relevant parties, such as Health and Social Care Partnerships (HSCPs) to further expand the business through procurement of work. To oversee the maintenance of accurate records on Company shared systems and software to ensure compliance with the QMS and regulatory requirements. To assist the Regional Manager in ensuring the quality of the service is maintained.
Objectives, Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To hold and manage the required registrations for Care Inspectorate for your local branch.
- To oversee the day-to-day operations of care hour procurement and coordination in a geographical area as agreed with the Directors.
- To work closely with Senior Management as and when required to manage and develop the business.
- To overview Services across your local geographical area, to ensure quality and adherence to company policies, relating to the management of Care Workers and the Service.
- To assist the Directors with operational performance reviews (supervisions) for Branch Managers.
- To facilitate and support Branch Managers in increasing Capercaillie Care’s market share by identifying prospective Clients and Service Users, making initial contact, promoting the services of Capercaillie Care, and managing the business relationship.
- To be involved in business development activities including preparation of tenders where required.
- To develop and implement in agreement with senior management appropriate business practices and procedures ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with Capercaillie Care’s policies and procedures and quality standards.
- To assist Directors with monitoring Branch Managers to ensure care services are delivered to Service Users in accordance with the agreed care package.
- To oversee the Branch Managers to ensure that any complaints received are investigated fully and documented as per Company policy.
- To travel to locations deemed reasonable by the business for the execution of the Healthcare Service and Business Development.
- To promote a high level of health and safety awareness and commitment, and to be aware of the provisions as detailed in the Company Health & Safety policy.
- To attend induction, mandatory and other training organised by Capercaillie Care upon request. Mandatory training is as follows:
|COVID-19 Training||Health and Safety Level 3|
|Moving & Handling||Duty of Candour|
|Safeguarding Scotland and ASP||Communication and Handling Information|
|Scotland Induction||Infection Control|
|Medication Level 3||Continence Care|
|Food Hygiene||Skin and Tissue Viability|
- To achieve a minimum of SVQ Level 4 in Health and Social Care and PDA in Supervision or equivalent.
- To maintain professional knowledge, qualifications and skills sets by attending statutory and relevant training sessions.
Internal Reporting, Compliance with Policies and Procedures
- To comply with all Company policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions at all times.
- To ensure all visits are logged in and out of via the use of the CM Mobile app.
- To maintain accurate and factual written records during visits in all Service User homes and to report back promptly any concerns regarding the care and / or Service User to Capercaillie Care office staff.
- To maintain the high standards of care expected by Capercaillie Care and the care sector.
Compliance with External Parties
- To be willing to achieve a minimum of SVQ Level 4 and PDA in Supervision or equivalent to ensure compliance with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
- To be responsible for ensuring compliance with Care Inspectorate registration, timely completion of annual self-assessments and annual returns and achieving high grading during external audits and inspections.
- To work in a manner which complies with the Health and Social Care Standards set out by the Care Inspectorate and SSSC.
- To meet with Care Management teams and local authorities as part of Capercaillie Care’s requirement for the provision of Care services and complete reports accurately as requested by the local authority.